other languages than english

Aug 12, 2014 at 4:18 PM
Edited Aug 12, 2014 at 4:19 PM
Hi!

may it be possible, that this script won't run with other OS-languages than english?
Developer
Sep 27, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Hello! Unfortunately, adding languages is not a feature we are currently planning to add at this time.
Developer
Jan 23, 2015 at 1:36 PM
Hello! I just wanted to update you - version 1.4.1 has been released, which includes fixes for an issue that prevented the data collector set from being created when using a default language other than English. While the scripted text itself is still in English, the script should run successfully on servers that use other languages by default. Give it a try and let us know if it works for you. Thanks!
Jan 27, 2015 at 7:47 AM
Edited Jan 27, 2015 at 7:48 AM
Hello,
I want to say thank you for the script in first place.

What is my point. I found in this beta 1.4.1 issue with the multi-language support that its actually not working properly on Windows Server 2003 with English language.

The problem is in function CheckifCollectionExists. The set $counterSetNotFoundTranslations does not contain correct string that is Windows Server 2003 producing.
WS 2003 is throwing this:

Error:
Collection "Exchange_Perfwiz" does not exist.

And this is not present in $counterSetNotFoundTranslations. I had to revert the script and use:
$cmd = Select-String -InputObject $CheckifExists -Pattern $SearchString -quiet
instead of
ronba: This needs to be tested on a few different language OSes... but seems to be fine.
$cmd = $CheckIfExists.Count -ge 2 -and $counterSetNotFoundTranslations -match $CheckifExists[2]

That is working well.

This is just tip for further improvements.

Regards
Developer
Jan 31, 2015 at 3:53 AM
jedla wrote:
Hello,
I want to say thank you for the script in first place.

What is my point. I found in this beta 1.4.1 issue with the multi-language support that its actually not working properly on Windows Server 2003 with English language.

The problem is in function CheckifCollectionExists. The set $counterSetNotFoundTranslations does not contain correct string that is Windows Server 2003 producing.
WS 2003 is throwing this:

Error:
Collection "Exchange_Perfwiz" does not exist.

And this is not present in $counterSetNotFoundTranslations. I had to revert the script and use:
$cmd = Select-String -InputObject $CheckifExists -Pattern $SearchString -quiet
instead of
ronba: This needs to be tested on a few different language OSes... but seems to be fine.
$cmd = $CheckIfExists.Count -ge 2 -and $counterSetNotFoundTranslations -match $CheckifExists[2]

That is working well.

This is just tip for further improvements.

Regards
Thank you for pointing this out! I will do some more testing and try to include a fix in the next update.